Satellite-based IoT solutions for Agriculture
Farmers face a major challenge in the coming years.
The production of food must be made more efficient, resource-saving and ecologically compatible.
Weather, soil and other geodata as well as relevant farm equipment data must be recorded and evaluated.
Herds as cows need to be tracked and monitored.
The digital networking of agricultural processes is essential here.
As a result, agriculture is increasingly dependent on innovative IoT solutions
Why are satellite-based IoT solutions important for Agriculture?
Fast and reliable Internet is a prerequisite for the use of IoT solutions.
Especially in rural or remote areas, there is no fast Internet connection.
Imagine you have to cover thousand of acres of land!
Advantages of satellite-based IoT solutions
- Digital monitoring and control of agricultural processes even in regions without mobile phone or internet connection
- Targeted management of agricultural land
- More targeted sowing thus saving on operating resources
- Minimization of water consumption
- Ensuring ideal growth conditions
- Precise fertilisation and particularly economical use of plant protection products
- Ecological relief through reduced use or complete abandonment of plant protection products
- Minimization of plant losses
- Determination of the most favourable harvest period
- Increase in production and efficiency
- Improving sustainability
- Environmentally friendly
- Optimisation of quality and yield
- Time saving and cost reduction
- Better planning of future management measures
Features of satellite communications
- Available worldwide
- Possibility of communication even if no mobile phone or Internet is available
- Power supply option from integrated rechargeable battery or from 110 V -240 V and from 12 V / 24 V battery voltage or supply via photovoltaic/ solar
- Possibility of fixed installation by means of a detachable antenna with HF or system cable connection
- Devices with dual-mode (GSM/SAT) version available
The multitude of satellite terminals offered today fulfils every requirement for a modern communication unit – whether mobile or stationary.
The extensive equipment of the current devices offers numerous application possibilities at the highest security level.
The satellite terminals are available in different sizes and functions and can be optionally configured.
The modern devices are very robust, as they are designed for use under extreme conditions by military organisations, media and aid organisations.
Most of the devices are dust and splash-proof, some of them even have IP-67 protection class.
MF 400 IoT Satellite bridge – the perfect combination
Our MF 400 IoT Satellite Bridge powered by solar is the perfect solution.
The LoRaWAN™ with the IDP backhaul can provide you with all the data information you need.
The MF 400 IoT Satellite Bridge provides network server connectivity for 100 remote LoRaWAN™ sensors via Inmarsat IsatData Pro (IDP) satellite terminal.
The system runs an optimized protocol to ensure that airtime satellite costs per sensor are kept to a minimum.
This makes the MF 400 IoT Satellite Bridge a stand-alone, low power & low-cost solution for adding satellite connectivity to your existing COTS LoRaWAN™ sensor devices.
- Global coverage with the Inmarsat IsatData Pro satellite network
- Runs continuously off single 80W solar panel
- Water and rainproof (IP-67)
- Cloud-based interface and API for remote LoRaWAN™ configuration (No field visits required for reconfiguration)
We are happy to assist you
Procuring the appropriate satellite solution is a complex issue. The communication costs and equipment prices of the various satellite systems vary greatly and must therefore be adapted to the respective application.
Give us a call. We will be happy to help you!
For a first introduction we offer you our free webinar “Satellite-based IoT solutions for agriculture”.
To register, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org